Thursday, 19 March 2009

My life goes along My study

A proud tall-tree in Jelai's camp

My Life goes along
with My Study


There are many special moments in my life. I guess, I should write my own book as they were all so special. Times flies, I heard people say so. It was difficult for me to understand, but now I get the point. When I look back, I realize how fast my times has flown. I 've had many special moments far before I went junior high school in Buntok, my original-beloved hometown. But, let me start from that point, junior high school.

I remember that day very well, a morning in early June. I woke up far earlier than usual. It was an exciting day, I wore blue-white uniform !! This was my dream uniform. I wanted to gain more freedom like my elder sister. I wanted to go out and hang out with friends more often without much complaints from my mum. I thought she gained that since she used that uniform. Yes, I couldn't wait for my freedom to walked around with friends like my sister. On the third grade, the end of my study, I was chosen to represent my school with two others students, Bilivson and Nita, an ideology competition, called P4. I never considered my self special, smart or diligent. I had a simple world with three or four best friends. I questioned why I was chosen as there were many far more diligent, richer, and more beautiful students. To my surprise, we were the best team in Central Kalimantan. We won and went to Jakarta to represent our province. I was not a confident girl, but that competition helped me to realize my potential.

I went to continue my study in senior agricultural school of Kuala Kapuas I was still searching for freedom. It was a challenging and I was very happy. I stayed in a dormitory with many friends. We shared everything, good and bad times, happy and cheerful moments, developed strong and meaningful relationship with each other. I studied agronomy and enjoyed a lot of planting practices, -paddy, chili, tomato, fruits, etc- both in green house, laboratory and in the field. Somehow, at the end of my study, I realized that I was not patient enough to wait all my plants grew. So, I decided to change my major in university.

I studied about socio economics agricultural in Palangka Raya University. By this times, I know that I have chosen the right program. It suits my personalities and hobbies. I like meeting people better than seed and soil. I like to talk about marketing rather than production of agriculture products. I prefer to understand why certain people act differently than different growth of plants. I continue on this path, working with and for people, yet I have no significant contribution to over come any agricultural problems in my province.


I think, choosing a major is quite an important decision. It could affect our future work and life, quite significantly. I am glad that I am on the right track. Now, I am pursuing my dreams to study in Holland. I hope I can learn a lot more, and when I come back, I could be more useful for others. This year, 2009, will be a big and new path of my life.



Jakarta, 27 February 2009

By. Mayang Meilantina

1 comment: