Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Hello Daddy

How are you, Daddy


12th May, 6 years ago, you were passed away, papa
after laid down for years with sickness
And I guess, after too tired, waited all of your beloved children return home


I will always regret that I was wasted my time,
without gave any good care of you


How I wish to be dared enough to heard your wishes,
How I wish had opportunity to stayed and spent a little time together
How I wish could shared all my blesses and happiness with you
How I wish could provided the best medical ever for you
How I wish you went away not that soon
How I wish could saw you now, and for many years more
How I wish could showed how much I love you


I guess, my best time with you faded slowly when I walked out of home,
pursue my senior high study, and hardly returned back to our hometown
But I will always remember and miss my many good times with you


It had gone …,


Never could I might made a cup of coffee or cooked a no MSG meals for you
Never could I bought your favorite tobacco“storm king”,
(though Mom would scream out loud for “don't”)
Never would we could jointly listen your favorite “Keroncong” music,
Never would we watched and laughed at “Sister Act” on 14” black and white television


Never could we enjoyed fresh-boiled cassava and hot tea
Never could I gave massages whenever you felt stretched
Never could I saw you checked all windows and doors,
made sure all were lock and we kept safely, every single nights.
Never would you woke up, made sure the door locked back and everything just fine,
whenever your youngest boy came in very late of the nights through his adult years


How I missed to enjoyed a fresh windy air and a dramatic cloud
as we sat and waited for you and mom planted paddy
How I missed fall asleep in your arms while you driven an old motor-cycles
How I missed my times, slowly bicycling, followed your paths went home


I will always remember those cool nights,
when we rowed our small jukung, fight a heavy stream,
return home with no fish after hours ma-lunta along Barito river bank
How I wish could put you on the speedboat and scream
'Dad, no need to row now. We won over the stream !!”
How I wish could always served you with pork, prawn or patin fish, your favorite meals,
and spoke “Dad, no need to hunting or fishing now, I would provided any meals you wish !”


I guess, I never showed how much I loved you, daddy !!
I was late, I always came late for you
I was late to came after graduation, late to came and say 'Hi”
Late to saw your smile, late to heard the last words of your wisdom


I will always miss you Daddy, my very strong man, kind, calm , wise, smart,
Humble, but always proud with of us
Hope you are happy in heaven, dad
Keep watching us





By Mayang

For 6 years you passed away

No comments:

Post a Comment