Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Railway in Cental Kalimantan !?

I get upset to read today news in Jakarta Post Page 3.

It is about railway development which will be begin next May (tender) in Central Kalimantan. This 185 Km track will open bigger access to jungle, and imagine for 700 Km more till 2012. I think this gonna be bring no much good for local people and environment, but latent problems for the long term.

I am not agree with governor plant to improve development through open isolation with this way. Dayak people has no skill and capacity and willingness to produce hardly anything. I think our main focus should be to increase productivity, before this mega expensive railway project. There should be other cheaper cost to open our isolation, but not railway as proved by other research.

Help me to understand that we are not going to be under new colonialism of Japan for the next 30 years. I do hope that I just over react and paranoid, but this all will bring good think for us. ( I can't believe it !!?).

Why don't we learn from previous Ex-Mega Rice Project that cleared over 1 M hectares land in CK and leave big disaster for environment.

God, bless my country n region.

No comments:

Post a Comment