Wednesday, 25 February 2009

A letter to Helen Keller

Alda introduced our class to several famous people. Then, we asked to either make a report of that person or a letter with 3 questions.

I was write a letter to Hellen Keller and facing several gramatical problems as follow:

# Adjectives (ending with "ed" or "ing"),
# Appropriate used of verb in past tenses (did or were, give or gave, have or had),
# Articles ( a, the),
# Simplyfy sentences or used direct questions,
# And ... of course, Misspelling.

CONCLUSION: I should invest more editing time, before submitted any tasks to teachers, hehehehe ....

Well...., please enjoyed my letter to Helen Keller with 3 silly questions.


Jakarta, 22th February 2009


Dear Helen,

I am amazed with your life. You had done many things to help other people, despite your limitations. Did you know that you has been inspired many people to cope with their weakness?


You were blessed with the talent to write beautiful stories. It is such a difficult tasks for me. I always have hard times to write. I wish you could give some suggestion of how to be a good writer, how should I start it? This would be very useful for me. I would like to promote my local culture, my hometown, and improve others people's knowledge of our local life. So, I can share thought and experience with others.

Helen, you had visited to over than 39 countries? Wowwww ….., what a life you had! It must've been very challenging and exciting experience. I am going to visit Holland in August 2009. This is my first experiences traveling to abroad and visit totally new different country. Please give me advises to prepare and to avoid culture shock as it will help me adjust to my new environment.

My last questions is about your dedication to others. Why did you promote and help others while you actually needed more help too? Some people were busy with themselves and forget others, especially the poor and disabled. But you, woww..... you made fund raising to help blind people !! Would you tell me what or who motivated you to work very hard for others?

I could ask you more questions, as you had an interesting life. But, I should off now.

All the best,
Mayang

No comments:

Post a Comment